Cable System Operations & Maintenance
A-2-Sea offers a wide range of expert consultancy services for marine cable repair, operations, maintenance and offshore liaison activities
As a Virtual Maintenance Authority, running cable systems on behalf of customers, services are tailored to meet specific customer needs with as much or as little outsourced as required. For organisations that do not have an inhouse Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team or who require additional expertise and resources, our team can help to support.
Marine Cable Repair Operations
Emergency or planned activities including:
- 365-day emergency or ad hoc call out for submarine cable system faults
- Optical and electrical testing for fault location
- Repair planning
- Mobilisation of the cable ship
- Provision of offshore customer representative
- Provision of onshore repair manager
- Testing support (including Power Safety Messaging)
- Review of time analysis of the marine repair operation
- Incident/accident/failure mode analysis resolution with the ship operator
- Review of the repair completion report.
Outsource cable repair, operations & maintenance to industry experts
Recover costs for third-party damage to cables.
Flexible and personable service
Comprehensive service capability
Cable Operations & Maintenance Activities
- Management of marine maintenance spares
- Investigation and management of third-party damage claims
- Expert witness for existing third-party damage claims
- Expert witness for submarine cable and joint dissection activities
- Representation at Cable System Consortia and Cable Maintenance Agreement Meetings.
Offshore Liaison Activities
- Cable crossing and proximity agreements
- Fishing liaison
- Fouled cable incident management.